August 6, 2009
Back by popular demand: Part 4 of the infamous MixMyGranola’s Granola Recipes: Popcorn Granola Bars!
Keep popping! Here we go:
1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup MixMyGranola’s Organic Granola
1 cup roasted and salted peanuts
3 cups popped popcorn
Line an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with foil. Spray foil lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
Heat honey in a large saucepan until boiling. Stir in peanut butter until well blended.
Remove pan from heat and stir in granola, peanuts and popcorn until coated.
Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Refrigerate until cool; cut into bars to serve.
June 25, 2009
The next yummy recipe in our mini-series of MixMyGranola’s Granola Recipes is here! Today we are making Granola Banana Bread.
Here we go – it’s easy to make:
• 3/4 cup of MixMyGranola Organic Granola
• 1 cup sugar
• 3 ripe bananas
• 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 2 tbsp. melted butter
• 2 eggs
• 1 tbsp. vanilla
• 2 cups flour
• 1 tbsp. baking soda
• Dash of cinnamon
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• Spray bread pan with non-stick cooking spray
• Combine all wet ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Mix together with a mixer on medium speed. Be sure to mix until there are no longer large chunks of banana
• Add dry ingredients and mix well
• Pour into bread pan and bake for 35 minutes
Voila – it’s done! Get your granola at MixMyGranola.com!
June 19, 2009
So many of our customers have asked us: “Why don’t you have any recipies on your blog? There are so many amazing things you can do with MixMyGranola’s granola!”
And so we decided to start a little mini-series called “MixMyGranola’s Granola Recipes“. We worked with baking genius Amie Valpone from the Healthy Apple Blog to create the most delicious and simple-to-make recipes that are quick and easy to follow.
Here comes the first recipe: Granola Oatmeal Pancakes!
• 1/3 cup of MixMyGranola’s Organic Granola
• 1/3 cup oats
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 a mashed, ripened banana
• Cinnamon to taste
• Mix together oats and two eggs with baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a bowl. Add mashed banana to the batter and mix well.
• Add MixMyGranola’s Organic Granola and continue to mix.
• Preheat a skillet on the stovetop sprayed with non-stick spray. Pour batter into skillet over Medium heat, forming into a pancake shape with a spoon.
• Cook for 3 minutes or until slightly brown; flip the pancake with a spatula and cook for another 3 minutes.
• When pancake is completely cooked and has started to brown, remove from skillet and serve.
• Top with fresh fruit and drizzle with honey, syrup or warm nut butter.
Enjoy and check out MixMyGranola right here!