August 6, 2009
Back by popular demand: Part 4 of the infamous MixMyGranola’s Granola Recipes: Popcorn Granola Bars!
Keep popping! Here we go:
1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup MixMyGranola’s Organic Granola
1 cup roasted and salted peanuts
3 cups popped popcorn
Line an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with foil. Spray foil lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
Heat honey in a large saucepan until boiling. Stir in peanut butter until well blended.
Remove pan from heat and stir in granola, peanuts and popcorn until coated.
Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Refrigerate until cool; cut into bars to serve.
June 20, 2009
Since your responses to Part 1 of our MixMyGranola’s Granola Recipes mini-series was so overwhelmingly positive, we decided to keep it going and pump out more of Amie’s yummy granola recipes.
Today we have Nut Butter Granola Muffins on the menu.
Here is the amazing recipe:
• ¼ cup of MixMyGranola’s Low-Fat Granola
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• ¼ cup natural almond butter
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• ¾ cup flour
• 1 tbsp. baking powder
• 1 tbsp. melted butter
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 1/3 cup brown sugar
• Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
• Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
• Mix all wet ingredients together; beat on medium speed with a mixer
• Add dry ingredients
• Pour into muffin tins
• Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
Bon Appetite and don’t forget to check out MixMyGranola right here!
June 19, 2009
So many of our customers have asked us: “Why don’t you have any recipies on your blog? There are so many amazing things you can do with MixMyGranola’s granola!”
And so we decided to start a little mini-series called “MixMyGranola’s Granola Recipes“. We worked with baking genius Amie Valpone from the Healthy Apple Blog to create the most delicious and simple-to-make recipes that are quick and easy to follow.
Here comes the first recipe: Granola Oatmeal Pancakes!
• 1/3 cup of MixMyGranola’s Organic Granola
• 1/3 cup oats
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 a mashed, ripened banana
• Cinnamon to taste
• Mix together oats and two eggs with baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a bowl. Add mashed banana to the batter and mix well.
• Add MixMyGranola’s Organic Granola and continue to mix.
• Preheat a skillet on the stovetop sprayed with non-stick spray. Pour batter into skillet over Medium heat, forming into a pancake shape with a spoon.
• Cook for 3 minutes or until slightly brown; flip the pancake with a spatula and cook for another 3 minutes.
• When pancake is completely cooked and has started to brown, remove from skillet and serve.
• Top with fresh fruit and drizzle with honey, syrup or warm nut butter.
Enjoy and check out MixMyGranola right here!